It’s just 2 days until the opening of the Olympic Games in Sochi, how exciting?! The whole world turned an eye in to the news from the Olympic village in Sochi – let’s see what today, February 5, has for us. We can be so thankful to the social networking servises, such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for bringning us some cool news and pictures from live in Sochi.
1. This is probably the best sarcastic post from Sochi of the day – but how true! “Welcome to the Russian Empire, dear guests”!
Do you know this guy on the right? Try to find the 10 differences!
2. Editor of the Yahoo! Sports Greg Wyshynski was so surprised after seeing this sign in the bathroom at one of the buildings in Sochi. I’ve seen in many bathrooms all over the world similar signs – IT DOES NOT SURPRISE ME AT ALL. At least, bin is provided!
3. A cool article about Indian luge athlete Shiva Keshavan, who trains at home – races down busy Himalayan roads on a sled modified with wheels. Full text of the article you can read here, I thought it’s pretty impressive.
4. American snowboarding 2-times Olympic champion Shaun White on his press conference today said, that he will not compete in the slopestyle event, which is taking a debut at the Winter Olympic Games. Shaun also announced about high potential risk of injury in the Sochi Extreme Park course – yesterday him and a couple other athletes fall on a practice run.
I found amazing video of the run on the Sochi Olympic slopstyle course of Russian snowboarder Alexey Sobolev.
5. Not everything in Sochi is that bad – for example, US freestyle athlete Heidi Kloser was positive about Olympic course…
Canadian freestyle skier Dara Howell seems pretty happy with the Sochi slopestyle course too.
6. Jamaican bobsled 2-man team with the lead driver, Winston Watts arrived today at the Sochi airport. Arrived, but didn’t get their lugguge and equipment – it was lost on the route to Russia. Winston Matts said: “Maybe it was left in New York. It was bad weather there and we missed our flight to Moscow”. So, the guys missed their training session today, but hope to get their equipment before the main competitions starts on February, 16.
7. Austrian ski jumper Thomas Morgenstern today had a lot of fun while walking around the Olympic village.
Less, then a month ago, Thomas had a very bad accident at a practice, but now he is all set and ready to fight for his fourth Olympic gold medal. It’s what real ATHLETE means!
8. Looks, like Austrians are the funniest atheletes at this games…